Friday, November 14, 2008

Dr. Green returns

I watched ER last night in anticipation of the long awaited return of Dr. Green. I was incredibly disappointed. He was one of my favorite characters and I was expecting a much more moving story line.

This did however lead me to go back and watch the scene when Dr. Green left the series. I thought his death was handled very well. I love the version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow that was played. On an interesting yet sad note, the man that sang the song was Hawaiian and played a ukulele. He recorded the song but unfortunately passed away before it became a hit (making this version even more poignant).

Tune in for this moving goodbye to a beloved character...

2 comments:

Todd Schnick said...

I was surprised by how moved I was watching this clip...

Kelly said...

Oh those were the good ol' days of ER - I used to cry at least once a month, and sometimes every week! I stopped watching a few seasons ago when the show started being an outlet for NBC's leftist agenda.