Thursday, December 18, 2008

Momma Mia

I was lucky enough to see this as a play on Broadway two years ago. I loved it!! When I heard that they were making it into a movie, I was thrilled, especially when I saw the casting. The only person I was worried about was Pierce Bronsan (of which my misgivings about his singing skills turned out to be correct). The movie came out in 2008 with a stellar cast making it a huge hit worldwide.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie however, unlike when I saw the play, I became emotional during two scenes. The first one is when Meryl Streep sings about her daughter leaving her to become a married woman and the second scene is when Meryl sings about her lost love. I knew that Meryl was a talented actress but who knew she had such a great voice? The combination of the singing and the acting made these very touching and emotional scenes.

Here is the first one "slipping through my fingers"


The second song is "the winner takes it all"

No comments: